3. Attend the screening session with your child.
Districtwide Kindergarten screening will take place at Canal Lewisville Methodist Church on April 28 and April 29. You will schedule your child's appointment for screening at the Registration Informational night on April 14, 2022. If you are unable to attend the Registration Night, please call the school to schedule your screening appointment AFTER the date of registration.
You must take the REQUIRED documents listed below when you register your child. If you are unable to come to the school during the listed hours, please call for other arrangements.
BRING ALL of these documents to the Kindergarten Informational Night
Required Documents for School Entrance:
We will make copies and return them to you that night.
- Custodial Papers (if applicable)
- Legal Birth Certificate (student must be at least 5 on or before August 1, 2022) This needs to be the birth certificate issued by the health department. Certificates of Birth issued by the hospital at the time of birth are not legal documents. A legal birth certificate can be obtained at any local health department or from the State of Ohio (or state of birth) by mail. Forms are available at the school or by visiting the Ohio Department of Health website at www.odh.state.oh.us or by calling 614-466-2531.
- Immunization Record
All children entering kindergarten must have the following immunizations completed before they will be permitted to begin school in the State of Ohio:
- 5 doses of DPT (diphtheria/tetanus/pertussis)
- 4 doses of Polio
- 2 doses of MMR (measles/mumps/rubella)
- 3 doses of Hepatitis B
- 2 doses of Varicella (Chickenpox Vaccine) or must have had actual chickenpox disease.
Immunizations can be obtained anytime between now and the first day of school. It is highly recommended that you do not wait until August to have your child's vaccines updated, as appointment times are limited. Your child may be excluded from school if immunizations are not completed by Sept. 11, 2022.
Please have your doctor or an agency provide to you a new copy of the updated record when the immunizations are given and FAX or email the updated record to the School Nurse at the address below.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your physician or Kayla Davis, RN, District Nurse at 824-3523 ext. 1305 or Fax information to Kayla Davis at 740-824-5241 or email email@example.com.
We are looking forward to meeting you and your new kindergarten student. If you have any questions, please give us a call. If you know of someone who has a child who will be five by August 1, please call the school office.